WHY SPONSOR A WORDCAMP?
Nearly 22% of all new websites appearing on the Internet are powered by WordPress. Over 61 million WordPress websites are hosted on the WordPress.com network itself. (WordPress Statistics)
WordPress is a free, open-source software that is changing the way that individuals and business gain access to their Internet-accessible audience. A WordCamp sponsorship is not only an outstanding way to help others on their journey, it’s also a sound investment.
WordCamps are educational and non-profit events that are volunteer-organized and community-sponsored. The majority of assistance in conducting a WordCamp event comes from local businesses and volunteers. Without their help, WordCamps would not be possible.
By showing your support for the Reno-Tahoe WordCamp you will be joining a rapidly growing tech-savvy community and will place your brand in front of a captive and targeted audience.
- If your brand represents a software product, it must be GPL friendly.
- If you (or your company) provide products that are WordPress-derivative works (plugins, themes, etc), they must be 100% GPL (not split license) or compatible, the same guidelines followed on WordPress.org.
- Sponsors may apply for but will not be guaranteed speaking spots.
- Funds must be received before a sponsorship is announced.
- Any excess sponsorship proceeds will be donated to the non-prot WordPress Foundation.
For sponsors, there is no better opportunity to reach an intelligent, interesting and evangelistic crowd. Establish your 2013 Reno-Tahoe WordCamp Sponsorship here.